Course Curiculum - What we will be covering.
The content for our course is as follows:
- Course welcome and introduction
- Cocktail mixing equipment - what they're for and techniques for using
- Glassware - Introduction to specific glass styles and sizes with explanations of how to match drink/glass styles
Classic Cocktails Masterclasses
With each masterclass, Paul will share his knowledge, techniques, methods and style for producing the finest examples of the world's most famous cocktails. Where relevant, he'll also discuss the
most popular variations.
- Dry Martini Masterclass followed by '5 Great Gins for a Dry Martini' presentation
- Old-Fashioned Masterclass followed by '5 Great Bourbons for an Old-Fashioned' presentation
- Sidecar Masterclass followed by 'An Important Variation to the Sidecar' presentation
- Negroni Masterclass followed by 'Will the real Count Negroni please stand up' presentation
- PIna Colada Masterclass followed by 'Coco Lopez.... How Else?' presentation
- Manhattan Masterclass followed by '3 Great Rye Whiskies for a Manhattan' presentation
- Daiquiri Masterclass followed by '3 Ways to mix a Strawberry (and other fruit) Daiquiris' presentation
- Mint Julep Masterclass followed by 'The Amazing Southern Mint Julep' presentation
- Section Quiz: The Classic Cocktails... What Do You Know?
The World's Top Contemporary Cocktails
Each masterclass is 'as above' with the Classic Cocktails.
- Mojito Masterclass followed by 'Bacardi vs Havana Club' presentation
- Espresso Martini Masterclass followed by '3 Great Vanilla Vodkas for an Espresso Martini' presentation
- Caipirinha Masterclass followed by '5 Caipirinha Related Facts' presentation
- Cosmopolitan Masterclass followed by 'Dale DeGroff's Cosmopolitan' presentation
- Margarita Masterclass followed by 'Tommy's Margarita' presentation
- Long Island Iced Tea Masterclass followed by 'Rosebud, Betty Crocker or Old Man Bishop - Who really invented the LIT' presentation
- Bloody Mary Masterclass followed by 'Your own 'Signature' Bloody Mary - The Sky's the Limit' presentation
- Moscow Mule Masterclass followed by 'The Copper Mug' presentation
- Section Quiz: The Contemporary Cocktails.... What Do You Know?
Paul will be demonstrating a number of creative and impressive cocktail garnishes that will give your drinks that attention grabbing appeal.
- Twists & Peels
- The Perfect Apple Fan
- Fruit Skewers
- Glass Rim Variations
- Creating Silhouettes
- Banana Petals
- The Orange & Maraschino 'S'
- Section Quiz: Creative Garnishes.... What Do You Know?
Conclusion and Moving Forward
Paul brings the course to a close and end with a few words of advice for taking what has been learned and perfecting your skills.